24th February 2020 Content supplied by: rapidmicrobiology.com
Latest Microbiology Newsletter - 18 Feb 2020 - Salmonella Testing Special
This week was our special focus on kits to test for Salmonella in Foods and production environments plus the COVID-19 crisis continues with some public health labs saying they couldn't validate the CDC test kit, in this week's newsletter find:
- Solus One Salmonella has been granted AOAC PTM extension to scope for cocoa products
- Most Salmonella tests still involve a lot of culture media, not all culture media is compliant with regulations, find out more in our newsletter
- LGC Proficiency Testing Salmonella range offers over 20 unique strains of Salmonella, in over 20 different matrices (food, feed, beverage, surfaces, plus more), with differing levels of contamination and occasionally containing competition flora.
- Technical Service Consultants Ltd has recently launched a new and improved range of 2 x paired and 5 x paired poultry boot swab kits for the monitoring of Salmonella in poultry flocks by way of floor litter and other surfaces.
- Improve your lab’s testing throughput and safety by eliminating many of the standard steps in preparing enrichment media for bacteria detection. With Actero™ EZ-Media Bag, the medium is ready-to-use in 30 minutes or less.
- MicroVal has validated the MALDI Biotyper for confirmation of Salmonella presumptive colonies when taken from CASE agar, it was already validated by MicroVal for the confirmation of Salmonella spp. presumptive colonies isolated from XLD, BGA, 3 chromogenic agars based on C8-esterase activity detection and nonselective media, it now includes Neogen's CASE agar.
To read these updates and more in the rapidmicrobiology newsletter go to: www.rapidmicrobiology.com/view-newsletter/194
Don't miss out, get your microbiology newsletter every week - subscribe for free now
Date Published: 24th February 2020
Source article link: https://www.rapidmicrobiology.com/view-newsletter/194/