20th March 2020 Content supplied by: BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH
Automated Extraction of RNA / DNA From Viruses Increases Testing Capacity
BIOTECON Diagnostics have launched its newly developed foodproof® Magnetic Preparation Kit VI, that enables lab specialists to perform the most rapid, sensitive and reliable form of RNA and DNA extraction from a broad array of different viruses.
“Due to current events and the increasing bottlenecks in virus extraction diagnostics, we’d like to draw attention to our extraction solution, which we are now making available to all testing labs in need. Our kit, which has been optimized and validated with a wide range of viruses, including the coronaviridae family, is currently being evaluated for COVID-19 detection at various coronavirus testing laboratories,” commented Alois Schneiderbauer, CBO of BIOTECON Diagnostics.
“In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, millions of tests are being carried out all over the world, however in order to curb the pandemic’s spread, a great deal more testing is required to avoid a further spread of the virus at an early stage of infection. During desperate times like these, all companies, big and small are adapting operations to be able to contribute as best they can in response to this state of emergency. Of primary importance right now is our kit’s ability to extract viral RNA in the fastest, most simple, highly sensitive, and effective manner to help meet urgent medical needs,” Alois Schneiderbauer continued.
“As the kit was designed in combination with such automation solutions as the KingFisher™ Flex, the foodproof® RoboPrep® 32 and the foodproof® RoboPrep Fusion®, it is able to perform high-throughput extraction, processing up to 480 reactions from the most complex matrices in a short time. Such high-volume extraction of RNA viruses will ultimately significantly increase available testing capacity, which is the fundamental goal right now,” concluded Alois Schneiderbauer.
foodproof® Magnetic Preparation Kit VI
The foodproof® Magnetic Preparation Kit VI is based on magnetic beads technology, in which sample preparation with lysis, extraction and purification is carried out fully automatically. The key pathogen components are bound to magnetic particles and passed through various washing steps. Time-consuming manual steps such as external sample preparation, which could also pose a risk of contamination, are no longer necessary due to the integrated enzymatic lysis. The highly purified RNA or DNA is eluted in an appropriate elution buffer, which is then ready to be used in PCR detection kits. The kit contains all required reagents, including enzyme, buffer and carrier tRNA for the lysis step, as well as the magnetic beads to carry out extraction from complex matrices.
Key Features and Benefits Include:
- Innovative magnetic bead technology for the isolation of highly purified RNA/DNA
- Reduces hands-on time with high-throughput automation solutions: foodproof® RoboPrep® 32, KingFisherTM Flex or the Fusion systems
- Integrated: No external lysis or heat treatment
- Easy storage and shipping: Most components can be stored at room temperature
- Sensitive: Results showed excellent sensitivity compared to other kits on the market
- Reproducible and precise: Minimizes human error
- Easy: Quick and simple to implement temperature
- Tested on complex matrices, such as whole blood, plasma, serum, sputum, feces etc.
- Validated with a wide range of viruses, including: norovirus (caliciviridae), hepatitis A virus (picornaviridae), porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (coronaviridae), African swine fever virus (asfarviridae), adenovirus (adenoviridae), PRRSV (arteriviriae), influenza type A virus (orthomyxoviridae) and many more
Download brochure here - www.bc-diagnostics.com/downloads/products/marketing/BIOTECON-Diagnostics_Product-Sheet_Magnetic-Preparation-Kit-VI.pdf or click on 'Request Information' below.
Date Published: 20th March 2020
Source article link: http://www.bc-diagnostics.com/