Real Time PCR - An Introduction into the Technology and Hands On Experience
: 27 Nov 2018
: Potsdam, Germany
Sector: Food & Beverage
You will learn about the general principles of real-time PCR, including experiment setup and data analysis. Afterwards you receive practical hands-on training for DNA-extraction and real-time PCR setup using the BIOTECON Diagnostics foodproof ® kits. All necessary materials and equipment will be provided on site.
Furthermore, you get the opportunity to familiarize yourself with different real-time PCR cyclers, such as the PikoRealTM24 (for low throughput), the AriaMx, the Lightcycler ®96 and the Lightcycler ®480 II and receive training on them. You will learn about technical specifications of the cyclers, handling and the corresponding software systems. A detailed data analysis of the acquired real-time PCR data is included.
Topics of the Workshop:
- Introduction and theory of real-time PCR
- Applications for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Practical hands-on training for DNA extraction and quantitative PCR setup using different real-time PCR cyclers
- Data analysis and result interpretation
- Troubleshooting discussion