Real-time PCR Introduction
: 28 Nov 2019
: Potsdam, Germany
Quantitative real-time PCR methods are very well established for the quality control of food and feed products and environmental testing. Using real-time PCR foodborne bacteria and viruses, spoilage organisms, animal species, GMOs and allergens can be detected, identified or even quantified in a fast and reliable way. This one-day workshop is aimed for participants who are just starting with real-time PCR, or already use this method, and wish to deepen their knowledge.
You will learn about the general principles of real-time PCR, including experiment setup and data analysis. A practical hands- on training with DNA-extraction and real-time PCR setup, using the BIOTECON Diagnostics foodproof® kits, will be done in the lab.
Furthermore, you get the opportunity to familiarize yourself with different real-time PCR cyclers, such as the Lightcycler® 96, Lightcycler® 480 II and the Dualo 32.
Topics of the workshop:
- Introduction to the general principles of real-time PCR
- Comparison of different real-time PCR cyclers, such as Dualo 32, Lightcycler® 96, Lightcycler® 480 II (technical specifications, cycler operation, software, etc.)
- Hands-on training in the lab for DNA-extraction and real-time PCR setup using the BIOTECON Diagnostics foodproof® kits
- Analysis of the real-time PCR data
- Troubleshooting and discussion