Allergens (ELISA and QPCR)
: 9 May 2019
: Potsdam, Germany
Sector: Food & Beverage
Allergens are one of the most important analytes in food safety today. In Europe the EU guideline “EU 1169/2011”, but also national guidelines all over the world are forcing producers to look into testing for allergens. Do you also have the need to do so?
This workshop provides a profound and broad overview on contents and methods of allergen testing, including an introduction into ELISA and PCR technology. Learn both, protein and DNA determination! Furthermore, we will show how to prepare matrices with spiking solutions and afterwards how to extract them efficiently.
Topics of the Workshop:
- Short introduction of EU regulation EU 1169/2011 and related international regulations, including labelling of allergens
- Hands-on training of DNA extraction and real-time PCR in the laboratory
- Hands-on training of protein extraction and ELISA in the laboratory
- Hands-on training of spiking matrices
- Result interpretation and data analysis