Food Allergy Forum - 2nd International Conference
: 1 Apr 2019 - 3 Apr 2019
: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sector: Food & Beverage
Food allergy is one of the most common health disorders in the Western world affecting about three per cent of the total population. Food allergy is potentially lethal, and its health impact is higher than that posed by all known chemicals and microbes in food. Additionally, the economic impact of food allergy is immense.
The main objectives of the Food Allergy Forum are: providing a unique platform to exchange information and experiences on the various aspects of food allergy; reviewing current knowledge related to food allergy; and discussing strategies for prevention and control of food allergy ensuring food safety and protecting human health.
The 2nd international conference of the Food Allergy Forum focuses on:
- safe food matters: focus on allergens - what is safe
- what makes a protein immunogenic/allergenic
- risk assessment and management of food allergens - whats up
- allergenicity assessment to prevent allergies to (new) food products
- food allergy prevention and treatment
- testing and analysis: validation and verification of food allergen control
- consumer analytical devices for food allergens
- the advent of a new era in food allergy control and prevention
- towards a food allergy-free world
- and more
The 2nd international conference of the Food Allergy Forum is organised in collaboration with the TNO Immune Health Programme. The conference topics are intended to meet the needs of all stakeholders in the food chain, food researchers, food and healthcare professionals, dietitians, regulators, policy makers and key opinion leaders who want to be updated on the progress and possibilities in this field.