30th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases - ECCMID 2020
: 18 Apr 2020 - 21 Apr 2020
: Paris, France
ECCMID, as the world’s premier Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases event, brings together experts from many fields to present their latest findings, guidelines and experiences to an audience of over 13,000 colleagues.
This years ECCMID will feature:
- Keynote lectures with the following titles:
- On virulence
- Infection by intracellular bacteria: The Listeria paradigm
- Reproducible research with small and big data in the era of precision medicine
- Transmissible or infectious tumours: breaking the cancer paradigm
- MDR efflux: from basic science to efflux inhibitors
- The immune system of bacteria: CRISPR and beyond
- Antifungal resistance in the spotlight: Candida auris as an emerging threat
- Symposia with 74 different and diverse topics from "Polymicrobial interactions during infection, getting by with a little help from friends" to "Groundbreaking research in Salmonella"
- Meet the Expert sessions of one hour long with practical insights, an exchange of personal views and audience interaction.
- Education Workshops
- "Year in.." sessions - very well-attended 1-hour symposia with two 25 minute talks followed by a panel discussion.
- The very popular Clinical Grand Round whereby 6 internationally renowned physicians discuss 7 difficult clinical cases involving patients with infectious diseases and
- Open Forums