The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) announced the speaker line-up for their 2018 Continuous Manufacturing Workshop, taking place in 6–7 June in Arlington, Virginia USA, in conjunction with the 2018 Pharmaceutical Quality Week.
Returning for the first time since 2016, this event will feature cutting-edge presentations from leaders in the field who have implemented continuous manufacturing strategies and launched successful projects.
“The goal of the workshop is to provide a snapshot of the current status of continuous manufacturing for small molecules that will benefit everyone from novices to experts in the field,” said Christine Moore, PhD, Program Committee Chair and Global Head and Executive Director, Merck & Co. “Many conference sessions have discussed the theoretical aspects of continuous manufacturing, but this event will feature implementation experience. We are pleased to bring together a dynamic speaker line-up of regulators and users of the technology to share their successes, challenges, and lessons learned.”
This event will feature global industry experts and regulators, including:
• Lawrence Yu, PhD, Deputy Director, FDA/CDER/OPQ
• Celia N. Cruz, PhD, Director, Division of Product Quality Research, FDA/CDER/OPQ/OTR/DPQR
• Douglas Hausner, PhD, Associate Director for Industrial Relations and Business Development, Rutgers University
• Mark Birse, Group Manager Inspectorate, MHRA
• W. Darin Moody, Senior Vice President, Global API and Dry Products Manufacturing, Eli Lilly and Company
• Yoshihiro Matsuda, Deputy Director, Pharma Medical Devices Agency (PMDA)
For the complete speaker line-up for this ISPE event and to register, visit www.ISPE.org/Conferences/2018-Continuous-Manufacturing-Workshop.
The Continuous Manufacturing Workshop will be held as part of three key events recognizing the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry’s efforts to improve product quality and patient health during the 2018 ISPE Pharmaceutical Quality Week. This week will also feature the Quality Manufacturing Conference focusing on the opportunities to ensure continual improvement in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing and five in-depth pharma training courses: biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities, GAMP® 5, oral solid dosage (OSD), Quality by Design (QbD), and commissioning and qualification (C&Q).