Oxoid extends range for detecting mrsa with staphaurex plus
| || |
Thermo Scientific Limited has extended its range of products for the detection of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) with the addition of Staphaurex Plus, a rapid and convenient latex agglutination test that is able to detect MRSA in addition to methicillin susceptible Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA).
The latex particles in Staphaurex Plus are coated with fibrinogen and specific polyclonal antibodies directed towards difficult Staph aureus strains, including MRSA. In the presence of target organisms, the latex particles agglutinate to give a strong and easily visible positive reaction. In the absence of target organism the particles remain in smooth suspension.
| The sensitivity of Staphaurex Plus is >98% for all Staph aureus strains. |
Everything that is required to perform the test is provided in the kit, including reaction cards, mixing sticks and a control latex to eliminate non-specific agglutination. Kits are available in two sizes, 150 tests (product ref: 30950102) and 450 tests (product ref: 30950201), to suit both small and large workloads.
Additional products for the detection of MRSA available from Thermo Scientific include:
- Thermo Scientific PBP2 latex agglutination test (product ref: DR0900A) for the detection of penicillin binding protein 2 expressed by the MecA gene for resistance in MRSA strains.
- Thermo Scientific Staphytect Plus (product refs: DR0850M and DR0850B) and Dryspot Staphytect Plus (product ref: DR0100M) latex agglutination tests for the detection of MSSA and MRSA.
- Selective Mannitol Broth (product ref: EB1016C) for quick and easy screening of samples for the presence of MRSA.
- Thermo Scientific ORSAB selective culture medium (product refs: CM1008 and SR0195) for the detection of MRSA from routine swab samples.
- CultiLoops® Staphylococcus aureus subsp aureus (MRSA) ATCC®43300 (C9022L), QC strain available as ready-to-use bacteriological loops.
- Thermo Scientific products for antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST), including recommended AST culture media, disc dispensers and the widest range of antimicrobial discs.
NOTE: This item is from our 'historic' database and may contain information which is not up to date.