RiboFlow® - Cosmetics
Principle: Molecular hybridisation in vertical flow strip
Suitability: Testing of cosmetic products
Capital equipment required: No
The RiboFlow® - Cosmetics molecular flow detection system signals product contamination with any of the ISO 17516 specified microorganisms on-site, early, quickly, and reliably reducing the need for sophisticated amplification techniques and costly equipment. Using an award winning molecular hybridisation technolgy biomolecular testing can be performed within 25 minutes.
- Genetic test system: Highly specific ribosomal RNA detection - no amplification reactions necessary
- Detects and differentiates Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans from enrichment cultures used in cosmetic microbiology
- Highly efficient and economic combination with rapid microbiological screening systems (Impedance, Flowcytometer or ATP technology). Only positive Screening results need to be tested for the absence of the specified microbes giving results within 25 minutes.
- Can also be used to test and confirm single colonies directly from (selective) agar plates
- Simple to perform protocol, clear and easy to interpret
- No expensive instrumentation necessary
- Single tests can be performed
- Stable reagents with long product shelflife at ambient temperature