Industrial Microbiology Testing Market Worth $6.5 Billion Globally
Strategic Consulting, Inc. has published a comprehensive new market report on microbiology testing in the global industrial market. “Industrial Microbiology Market Review, Fourth Edition: Global Review of Microbiology Testing in the Industrial Market” (IMMR—4) tracks and compares past, current and future (projected) microbiology test volumes, market values and test methods for six sectors of the industrial market (Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care Products, Environmental Water and Industrial Processes) in North America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world (ROW).
The industrial microbiology market is large and growing, the second largest diagnostics market after clinical diagnostics in test volume and market value. More than 90,000 industrial plants worldwide conduct close to 2 billion tests each year, which represents a market value of $6.5 billion. Because the demand for consumer products is growing as the world’s population grows, increases in product quality and safety testing appear to continue undaunted by current worldwide economic problems.
The global industrial market is complex, however, with varying testing requirements and regulations resulting in variations in growth across market sectors and geographies.
According to Tom Weschler, president of Strategic Consulting, the rate of growth in the broader market is slowing when compared to previous years. “Numerous drivers for industrial testing, such as public and regulatory concern about product safety, continue to offer pockets of opportunity but not in all areas. One example is rapid microbiology methods, which have seen significant adoption in certain sectors and geographies, and little or no uptake in others,” Weschler said.
Industrial Microbiology Market Review (IMMR-4) provides detailed analysis and insights into the complexities of this market, including:
- Past, current and projected test volumes and market values, with breakdowns by market sector, geographic regions, test methods and organisms tested.
- In-depth views of the six market sectors, including market trends and drivers within each sector.
- Test methods and technologies, from “traditional” to newer, rapid methods such as immunoassay and molecular methods.
- Organisms of interest in “routine” microbiology testing including TVO, Coliform/E. coli and Yeast/Mold, as well as testing for specific pathogens.
- Detailed business reviews, including profiles of 20 leading diagnostic companies such as bioMerieux, Neogen and Merck Millipore.
For many diagnostic companies, industrial microbiology is one piece of a larger diagnostics portfolio. As a result, market metrics can be difficult to ascertain. IMMR-4 fills this gap, and provides more than 200 pages of detailed discussion and 150 charts and diagrams. Importantly, these data and insights are based on extensive primary research into all aspects of the industrial microbiology market, including:
• Detailed interviews with 650 production plants conducted in 23 countries in North America, Europe and Asia/ROW
• 200 interviews in six countries of Asia (China, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand)
• Discussions with key opinion leaders, regulators and senior management at contract testing labs and diagnostic companies.
IMMR-4 offers five additional appendices with further detail on Organisms and Methods, the Food, Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Product sectors, and a completely new Review of Microbial Identification practices and technologies in the industrial market.
For more information about “Industrial Microbiology Market Review, Fourth Edition: Global Review of Microbiology Testing in the Industrial Market” (IMMR—4) visit www.Strategic-Consult.com.
Tags: Market Reports
Date Published: November 6, 2014
Source article link: Strategic Consulting, Inc. » company contact details
Europe Microbial Identification Systems Industry - Market Report
Global Rapid Microbiology Testing - Market Report
Microbiology Culture Media Industry In USA - Market Report
Microbial Product Industry in USA - Market Report
China and India are Fastest Growing Clinical Microbiology Markets