Emeryville Pharmaceutical Services Launches Microbiological Service
Emeryville Pharmaceutical Services (EPS), an analytical laboratory offering global solutions to its peers in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry, have announced the official launch of its service offerings in analytical chemistry and microbiology. EPS is offering state-of-the-art analytical services, including nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS), with same day service available for the San Francisco Bay Area. EPS also offers innovative microbiological testing such as comprehensive drug resistance profiling and biofilm modeling.
Dr. Timothy Shiau, Director of Chemistry for Emeryville Pharmaceutical Services, said, 'We are pleased to begin offering our chemical expertise to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide. Our team of experts and our cutting-edge equipment will enable scientists to obtain results from complex experiments they may not otherwise have the ability to conduct. The EPS team is looking forward to serving our colleagues in the Bay Area as well as the international research community.'
Dr. Dmitri Debabov, Director for Biology for Emeryville Pharmaceutical Services, added, 'Our expertise in biofilms and biofilm modeling sets us apart from other laboratories and allows us to offer other researchers innovative tools to develop their technologies. With our ability to provide full antibiotic resistance profiling, we expect to be an important resource for companies interested in, or already conducting, antibiotic research.'
Chemistry services include:
- 1-Dimensional NMR: 1H, 13C, 19F, 31P, 11B, as well as supplementary services
- 2-Dimensional NMR: COSY, NOESY, HSQC, HMBC, as well as supplementary services
- Variable temperature analysis
- LC-MS analysis, featuring a triple-orthogonal detection system using PDA, ELSD, and MS detectors
Microbiology services include:
- Minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) for antibiotics
- Minimum bactericidal and fungicidal concentrations, as well as virucidal activity(MBC/MFC/IC50) for antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral compounds.
- Time-kill assay for antibiotics or antiseptics
- Resistance profiling for antibiotics
- Bacterial biofilm models
- Cytotoxicity testing using live human or murine cell lines
Tags: Fungi, Minimum Inhibitory Concentration
Date Published: July 10, 2012
Source article link: EPS » company contact details
Bruker Acquires MERLIN Adding Speciality AST and ART
FDA-Cleared Liofilchem MIC Test Strip (MTS™) Delafloxacin (DLX)
FDA-Cleared Liofilchem MIC Test Strip (MTS™) Tedizolid (TZD)
FDA-Cleared Liofilchem MIC Test Strip (MTS™) Telavancin (TLV)
Antimicrobial Susceptibility and Resistance Testing Devices by Liofilchem