The system is inoculated with an enriched suspension of food sample and incubated at 36°C for 18-24 hours. The tests for detection and presumptive identification of the microorganisms present in the sample are interpreted by evaluating the color change in the wells.
Following screening, further biochemical, immunoserological and microscopic confirmation tests can be performed by taking a drop of culture broth from a well of the sample to be confirmed.
| || |
Like all the Liofilchem microbiological identification systems, the FOOD SYSTEM benefits from being able to perform simultaneous microbiological screening of several microorganisms in one compact panel, reducing costs in technician time and laboratory consumables, and as the FOOD SYSTEM is an easy to use manual system no complex laboratory instrumentation is required.
1. Difco & BBL Manual, Manual of Microbiological Culture Media 2003.
2. ISO 6579:2002. Horizontal method for the detection of Salmonella
3. ISO 6888-2:1999. Enumeration of coagulase-positive staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus
and other species). - Technique that uses Rabbit Plasma Fibrinogen (RPF) Agar Medium.
4. ISO 7932:2004. Horizontal method for the enumeration of presumptive Bacillus cereus
5. ISO 11290:2002. Horizontal method for the detection and enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes.