The new RAPID'L.mono has received AFNOR approval according to ISO 16140 requirements, in food and environmental samples, for:
- Listeria monocytogenes detection in 24 hr after enrichment
- Listeria spp. detection in 24 and 48 hr after enrichment
- Listeria monocytogenes enumeration in 24 hr without confirmation*
This new version of RAPID'L.mono chromogenic medium has been developed by Bio-Rad, to allow laboratories to obtain a rapid response in 24 hr for Listeria monocytogenes detection and enumeration.
Moreover, the new RAPID'L.mono offers the possibility of a simultaneous response for Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria spp., providing the laboratories with a useful and economical solution.
Reading and differentiation of Listeria are very easy due to the RAPID'L.mono's unique chromogenic principle.
The RAPID'L.mono detection method requires a single enrichment step in Fraser ½ for 24 hr. Then 0.1 ml of Fraser ½ is removed, spread and isolated on RAPID'L.mono agar, before being incubated. RAPID'L.mono agar allows rapid and specific identification of Listeria monocytogenes in 24 hours and other species of Listeria in 24 and 48 hr after enrichment.
For Listeria monocytogenes enumeration, 0.1 ml of stock solution, or dilutions if necessary, is spread on one dish of plated RAPID'L.mono, before being incubated for only 24 hr.
*Within the scope of the AFNOR validation, confirmation is not required when the presence of Listeria monocytogenes has been confirmed at the detection stage.
The RAPID'L.mono method is:
- AFNOR-ISO 16140 validated for the detection of Listeria monocytogenes and other Listeria as per BRD: 07/04-09/98 and for the enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes as per BRD: 07/05-09/01
- AOAC-RI validated for the detection of Listeria monocytogenes in 24 hr