You're invited to attend EMLab P&K's complimentary Legionella webinar on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 (9:00am-10:30am, Pacific; 12:00pm-1:30pm, Eastern). This live webinar takes place online so you will need a computer and internet access.
Register at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/386413674
Field workers are often called upon to identify and eliminate Legionella contaminations in buildings. This organism is a significant threat to human health, particularly for individuals who are immune compromised due to either age or medical conditions. The Legionella organism possesses unique characteristics that allow it to readily colonize homes, workplaces and hospitals. These same characteristics make Legionella difficult to detect, quantify and eradicate. In this presentation we will discuss this challenge from the perspective of a worker in the field. Particular focus will be placed on utilizing the most modern methods and technologies we have available to address Legionella detection and remediation.
• Process and tools of Legionella detection
• Signs of possible Legionella contamination
• Signs exhibited by individuals exposed to the Legionella organism
• Design and execution of a sampling plan
• Laboratory analytical methods and interpretation of results
• Recommended action thresholds for contamination
• Methods and applications for eradicating Legionella contamination
Our instructor is Dr. Michael Berg, Eastern Region Laboratory Director at EMLab P&K. Dr. Berg joined EMLab P&K in 2005 and worked as Department Manager and Regional Director before taking the position of Laboratory Director. He holds a Ph.D. in Biology from the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany. Dr. Berg has published his work in peer reviewed journals and presented at national and international meetings.
This webinar is approved with the following CEU's:
• ABIH: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit (see ABIH website for CM credit criteria).
• ACAC (IAQA): This course is accepted for ACAC RCs
• CRBOH: 0.25 RM points (Award # 2013-79)
For more information and to register, please go to: