You're invited to attend EMLab P&K's complimentary Infection Control webinar on Wednesday, July 9, 2014 (9:00am-10:30am, Pacific; 12:00pm-1:30pm, Eastern). This live webinar takes place online so you will need a computer and internet access.
Register today at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/342564778
Opportunistic pathogens are common in the environment and cause severe and sometimes fatal infections. This is particularly important when we are dealing with high risk populations or cleanroom environments. Recent changes in health care legislation, the highly publicized outbreak of contaminated medication from the New England Compounding Center in Massachusetts, and the planned standard for prevention of legionellosis associated with building water systems (ASHREA 188P) are a few examples that highlight the importance for environmental monitoring to reduce or eliminate infections.
You will learn applicable regulations, methods and strategies for sampling. You will also learn risk management and applications that may be relevant for the indoor air quality (IAQ) testing industry.
• General introduction to infection
• Applicable regulations and guidelines (ISO 14644, USP , USP , ASHREA 188P)
• Design and execution of a sampling plan
• Risk assessment and risk management
• Recommended action thresholds for contamination
• Methods and applications to reduce or eliminate microbial contaminants
Our instructor is Dr. Michael Berg, Eastern Region Laboratory Director at EMLab P&K. Dr. Berg joined EMLab P&K in 2005 and worked as Department Manager and Technical Director before taking the position of Laboratory Director. He holds a Ph.D. in Biology from the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany. Dr. Berg has published his work in peer reviewed journals and presented at national and international meetings.
This webinar is approved with the following CEU's:
• ABIH: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit (see ABIH website for CM credit criteria).
• ACAC (IAQA): This course is accepted for ACAC/IAQA RCs
• CRBOH: 0.25 RM points (Award # 2013-143)
For more information and to register, please go to: