Building on almost two decades worth of expertise in fighting the growing threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR), SMi Group are thrilled to announce the return of Superbugs and Superdrugs USA which arrives to Iselin, New Jersey on November 13th & 14th 2017.
Antimicrobial resistance has sparked an urgency in the development of new drugs as the industry strives for novel solutions to fight infectious diseases. Innovation and collaboration is requested at every level making Superbugs & Superdrugs USA, the perfect platform to strengthen knowledge in key principles such as funding incentives and global strategy, whilst honing in on clinical developments in areas such as immunotherapy, toxoid based vaccines and anti-body drug conjugates.
As methods move away from traditional small molecule antibiotics, this is critical time for AMR experts, government bodies and industry leaders, to come together and share ideas on the latest developments in treatment and prevention.
Featured Speakers Include:
• Anthony Simon Lynch, Senior Scientific Director, Janssen
• William Weiss, Director, Pre-Clinical Services, UNT Health Science Center
• John Rex, Chief Medical Officer & Director, F2G; Chief Strategy Officer, CARB-X
• Christopher Houchens, Branch Chief, Antibacterials Program, BARDA
• Annaliesa Anderson, Vice President & CSO Bacterial Vaccines, Pfizer
• Olga Danilchanka, Microbiome Lead, Merck
• Christopher McMaster, President & CEO, DemovaMed
• Obadiah Plante, Director of Research, Visterrra
• Tim Opperman, Senior Research Scientist, Microbiotix
• Ken Stover, Senior Director, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines, MedImmune
• Mike Westby, Director, Centauri Therapeutics
• Guidelines for successfully seeking funding and partnership with updates on the CARB-X initiative
• Understand the importance of supporting natural immunity and the microbiome for reducing infection from resistant bacteria
• New insight into developments for treating gram-negative infections
• Explore the emerging and non-traditional approaches to antimicrobial drug development, including biologic drugs and combination treatments