This easy-to-use enzymatic test panel is able to identify the major urinary tract pathogens, including Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Enterococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp. and Candida albicans, within just 2 hours.
The RapID SS/u test panel incorporates a carefully selected series of biochemical tests directed towards urinary tract pathogens. As RapID SS/u detects specific constitutive enzymes and is not dependent on the growth of the organism, the panel can be incubated aerobically without the need for oil overlay. This saves on both time and materials. The novel inoculation method allows each test well to be inoculated simultaneously, simplifying the procedure and allowing further time savings.
Upon completion of the test, identifications are made using the user-friendly, Windows®-based ERIC® software (Electronic RapID Compendium), which ranks organism identifications by probability. Accessory tests and methods are offered to resolve any identification overlaps and identification reports can be saved or printed, with reporting options that allow the user to track identification patterns and organism trends.
The RapID SS/u test joins a wide range of high quality Thermo Scientific products for the detection of urinary tract pathogens, including:
- Culture media, including Thermo Scientific Chromogenic UTI Medium (Product code CM0949 and CM1050), which use colour to differentiate the major urinary tract pathogens on a single culture plate, and Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Candida Agar (Product code CM1002 and SR0231), which also uses colour to differentiate clinically important Candida species
- O.B.I.S. albicans (ID0700M), a rapid colorimetric test for Candida albicans that differentiates Candida albicans from other yeast species in just one hour.
- Thermo Scientific Dipslides, a fast and convenient method for sampling urines and detecting/enumerating any micro-organisms therein.
- Thermo Scientific products for antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST), including recommended AST culture media, disc dispensers and the widest range of antimicrobial discs commercially available.
- Culti-Loop ®, QC organisms in convenient, ready-to-use bacteriological loops.
For a full list of Thermo Scientific products for the detection of urinary tract pathogens and for further product information, please contact Carlene Simmons [details above].