Fast and Accurate Detection of Bacteria in Foods With Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Media
| || |
As one of the worlds leading suppliers of culture media, Thermo Scientific is committed to the development of products that provide faster and easier bacterial identifications for the food industry.
The use of innovative chromogenic substrates within the Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Media range provides clearly visible answers on a single culture plate and often reduces or eliminates the need for further confirmatory testing.
Chromogenic technology detects specific enzyme activity in target organisms - quickly and accurately. These enzymes cleave a colourless substrate in the medium, releasing colour molecules within the colonies of interest and allowing them to be clearly seen, differentiated and counted.
The extensive selection of Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Media available to the food industry includes:
- Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Bacillus cereus Agar for the selective isolation and differentiation of Bacillus cereus.
- Thermo Scientific Chromogenic E. coli/coliform Agar and Thermo Scientific Selective E. coli/coliform Agar for the detection and differentiation of E. coli from other coliforms.
- Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Enterobacter sakazakii Agar for the enumeration of Enterobacter sakazakii in infant milk and other foods and differentiation from other Enterobacteriaceae.
- Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Salmonella Medium for the identification of Salmonella species and selective differentiation from other Enterobacteriaceae.
- Thermo Scientific Chromogenic Listeria Agar for the improved isolation, enumeration and presumptive identification of Listeria species and differentiation of pathogenic Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria ivanovii from other Listeria species.
- Thermo Scientific SMAC Agar + BCIG for the detection of E. coli O157 and differentiation from other E. coli.
- Thermo Scientific TBX Agar for the detection and enumeration of E. coli in food samples.
NOTE: This item is from our 'historic' database and may contain information which is not up to date.